cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Multimedia on Sagemcom F@st 3864 Router

Hey Ray

Thanks for your response.

Your "Thread" link brings me back to this same topic.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Oops, sorry about that! A copy and paste fail. Let's try again: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/what-is-the-initial-username-and-password-of-Sa...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Ray. For me the initial user name and password is: optus/optus.

What user name and password should I use to connect to my portable hard drive on the USB port of the router?

I have followed the setup from previous posts but still cannot connect to the HDD on \\192.168.0.1\usb1_1

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey Ray

I sorted it out:

I created a user on the router under Multimedia/Storage Service/User Accounts

I used user name: optus. PW: optus

In File Explorer I chose This PC, Create network drive, and used "\\192.168.0.1\optus" as the folder.

optus/optus allowed me to connect.

All good now, after many hours of trying.

Hope this helps someone else!!

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Well done, @Willem2 ☺️ 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks.  Bit useless providing USB if it's not supported.  Works great now, thanks to your advice 🙂

0 Kudos