Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor dwheaton
New Contributor

Multimedia on Sagemcom F@st 3864 Router

I've just installed the Optus supplied Sagemcom F@st 3864 router.

Internet and Wireless are all working fine.

In the menu options it appears that I can connect a USB external drive/flash drive and make it available across the network,

both as a file share and DLNA.

When I plug in the drive I can see that it is recognised (in the Router interface) but I can not find it on the network.

Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
45 Replies
New Contributor Sampler
New Contributor

Re: Multimedia on Sagemcom F@st 3864 Router

Hey, I was looking for this too - I've done a bit of goolging and can't find anything - search of the site was a bust too and to say the router's light on information is an understatement.

HDD's attached, showing in the router, I've created an account but all attempts at accessing \\10.0.0.1\<anything> have failed

(yeah, I changed the default IP range from 192.168.0.x).

Also, is there a limit to what the router will recognise as the ports appear USB3 (blue tabs) but when I connected my 4TB USB3 drive it didn't appear, however a spare 500GB USB2 drive appears fine in the router. Both are NTFS so I don't think it's that.

\\10.0.0.1\nas (the username) prompted me for login details but entering the username and password I created (nas and nas) failed to connect.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Sampler
New Contributor

Actually, scratch that, \\10.0.0.1\nas has now sprung into life somehow, so I guess the format is \\routerip\account username - so for most users, with an account name of USBStick it would be:

\\192.168.0.1\USBStick

And I guess you've got to give it ten minutes to kick in..
RetiredModerator Julz
RetiredModerator

Nice work Sampler, did that work for you dwheaton? Really helpful info 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Tesla
New Contributor

Hi there i have tried the above suggestions , with no luck. Trying to find a user manual for this modem is next to impossible, no hard copy or soft copy.

Optus should stay away from SAGEMCOM for modems try looking up user manual for a SAGEMCOM F@ST3864V2
adsl2 support downloads ect, very frustrating at the least. (Many listed on ebay and gumtree)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

New Contributor craiglaw76
New Contributor

I have successfully connected and accessed my usb drive on my router.  

What I did was got to:

1. Storage service (take note of the Volume name (eg usb1_1)

2. Go to User Accounts

3. Click Add

4. Enter Username, Password, and volumeName (the volumeName must be showed at 'Storage Device Info' webpage)

So this means if my Volume name was 'usb1_1' On the "Storage Device Info" page or the "Storage service" page then I would need to enter this.

5. Click Apply/Save

To access it (In Windows 8 or 7):

1.\\Modem IP Address   (eg 192.168.0.1)

2. enter username and password that you created before

3. then click of the folder of the username

Hope this helped

New Contributor cathsmith21
New Contributor

Hi,
Was wondering if anyone could tell me what format your external HD is formatted to. Having trouble getting the router to recognise my Toshiba 1TB in exfat format... (a format I use to work across mac and pc with larger files.)
Thanks
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Ryan
RetiredModerator

Hey cathsmith21 - most standard modem's will allow FAT32 or NTFS formats. Are you able to test any other hard drives in these formats to ensure that they work ok? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor louiset07
Occasional Contributor

Hi Craig,

I got this far:

1. Storage service (take note of the Volume name (eg usb1_1)

2. Go to User Accounts

3. Click Add

4. Enter Username, Password, and volumeName (the volumeName must be showed at 'Storage Device Info' webpage)

But what Username and Password did you use?

Many thanks for your advice so far.

Louise

0 Kudos
New Contributor Shamiek
New Contributor

Hi, I am having the same problem - I can see my drive in the Storage Service area and have added it in User Accounts but cannot get any further.

Also, which username and password do I use for this - the default Router ones or other ones?

Any advice gratefully received. This is driving me nuts!!!

0 Kudos