Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor muzza008
Occasional Contributor

Re: Multimedia on Sagemcom F@st 3864 Router

Great thanks, it worked for me too, however......

My modem: 

F@ST3864AC
HardWare Version:

Software Version:8.358_F@ST3864AC_Optus

The drive I realy wanted to use, a 4tb drive in powered desktop case, would not connect to the modem.

But an old 320gb laptop drive in a docking station did work. However this docking station is USB3.0, but when I did a file copy test from the newly created network drive to my computer, the speed displayed seemed to indicate that it was in usb2.0 speed mode. The usb ports on the modem are blue so wouldn't that indicate they are usb3.0 ports?

Update: I just found this: https://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/Consumer/Assets/PDFs/Optus%20F3864AC%20Datasheet.pdf

The specs say that the ports are usb2.0. So why would they have the blue tab inside just like a usb3.0 port?

A bit pissed, when I saw the blue ports I was really hoping to get the most out of my usb 3.0 drive for all devices on my network, but now it looks like its just back to being connected to my main PC.

Muzza008

0 Kudos
New Contributor Lrish
New Contributor

Thanks very much for your clear and concise post, works great.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Negs
New Contributor

Hi Mycal, 

I have the similar issue, I have a LaCie 1TB USB 3.0 Rugged Mini Portable Hard Drive (format is FAT) connected to the front of the modem (tried the back USB with the same outcome) 

I went through all the steps and have the drive mounted on my Mac in finder, however when i access the path it only shows one file "BOOTLOG" in there. Please see below 

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 9.32.22 pm.png

Appreciate your help.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Starspawn
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, the method works, but my 6TB WD MyBook Mac only shows as 196MB. The MacOS extended format necessary for Time Machine backups doesn't seem to work. Any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
New Contributor blue_afro
New Contributor

Thanks, works perfectly.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor unberleavable
New Contributor

Hy Mycal,

I know this thread goes back a long time. Just wondering if you can help me. I followed your instructions right up No. 9.... to putting in the 192.168.0.1 bit. (Windows 10 seems a bit different)

I am running windows 10 and when I do this on my computer it takes me back to the Modem's software site. It just seems to loop I cant get to the point where I put the username I created or the password to link the HDD. I can see the HDD in the modem software. I just can't get my computer to find it. Is there a trick I am missing? Not real clever with these things sorry

Cheers

Peter

0 Kudos
New Contributor hopnetmike
New Contributor

Hello Team

Same issue here re WIN10.  First it said the protocol used was insecure.  Now all that happens is I can see the Router listed as a network device but not the attached USB drive.  Further ... I can connect straight through to all the settings on the Router WITHOUT the need to input any username or password (?????).  Any ideas?  Most greatful.  Cheers.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @ hopnetmike - This is something that you may better discussing with the modem manufacturer or get in touch with our premium home support team Here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Willem2
New Contributor

I am trying to read my external HDD , when plugged into my Sagemcom Fast 3864AC NBN router from my Windows 10 PC.

I keep getting the message "Windows cannot access \\192.168.0.1"

And it says "Sign into \\192.168.0.1" 

I think I may not have the router user name and password correct. I did (I think) save it to my password safe but it may be wrong.

If I reset the router to factory settings, what is the default password  and user name?

How do I re-initialise the router to connect to Optus?

Thanks....

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

A different modem but you may have luck trying the ones mentioned in this thread.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos