Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
laurabreck
New Contributor
New Contributor

Moving house - cancel original service

Does anyone have any idea how to get Optus to cancel my original broadband service?

I moved five months ago, and I'm still being charged for two broadband services! 5 registered complaints, over 20 hours on hold, and still being charged!

Really struggling to maintain a good sense of humour about such terrible customer service...ideas welcomed!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Moving house - cancel original service

Have you spoken with the TIO? I feel they should be the last resort but that's where you're at now IMO

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Strange that what sounds to be a fairly straight forward request is not being actioned, laurabreck.

Is the old broadband service in your name? You have all the details, the username, etc.?

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. They surely should be able to help.

Let us know how you go. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
laurabreck
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Sam, that's a great shout! I didn't realise there was a specific ombudsman body available - I'll put in a request to them today.

Thanks heaps, and I'll keep you posted!

0 Kudos
laurabreck
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Ray. I tried through social media, but I just keep being told to 'wait, my request is pending'. Not 100% sure how it can pend for over four months...but maybe that's what happens in a large company and things get lost. I'll try again, but I'm not optimistic - thanks.
0 Kudos
Philibop
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just moved house and with everything going onC19 cant reach anybody
0 Kudos