cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor CristinaZ
New Contributor

Moving house & keeping landline number

Mid December I contacted Optus to organise new landline and nbn as I would be moving in the next month or so.

I was told I could keep the same landline number (have had the same one for over 40 years).

Was surprised to receive a letter at end of December to advise of my new landline number.

Upon contacting Optus again, I was advised I could not have same number due to different exchange.

I’m moving within the same suburb and is literally a 4 minute drive so find it a little hard to believe.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it worth another call to Optus?

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Occasional Contributor JoonG
Occasional Contributor

Re: Moving house & keeping landline number

You should have a telephone port at the back of your nbn modem. I have the same issue porting old number to NBN new number. 

Contact Optus? Good luck with that. 3 weeks I have tried. Yes crowd answer -- Fill out an Online Porting Authority Request

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/online-porting-authority-request?requestType=NormalReque...

I Did, but 9 days later and not even a confirmation email and Number is unchanged

Good luck with your question. Maybe you will have better luck than I

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear of the issues with your landline number. They aren't always able to be migrated across networks, but my team can double check for you. Please feel free to send me a private message with your account number, old landline number, full name and DOB. You can leave it with us and we'll have someone check it out asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor JoonG
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Toomey but I have called Optus and, after pressing a few buttons, I chose "Cancel" and got through to an operator in 2 minutes. Previously my calls were unanswered and an automated voice said to call back later. After many tries beforehand, many posts on "Yes Crowd" (Thanks Dan_C), and filling out "Port Authourity" form to rectify the problem. Absolutely nothing was done, not even a confirmation or reply from Optus. So I cancelled the NBN plan by phone. 

After explaining the situation,  the operator said there will be no exit fee and all money paid will be refunded.

She also said "Her Supervisor will call me back to confirm the cancellation.

Optus did not want me to return the modem as it was "unrecoverable.

That call to Optus was last Friday 5th Jan at 12.45 p.m. It was 17 minutes long.

There has been no confirmation of that event by Optus and no follow up call since then. The account is still active online.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @JoonG, I've looked further into your account and sent a PM with some options moving forward.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors