Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Moving address from NBN to non-NBN

Hey Yes Crowd - I'm moving address from a NBN serviced location to an address that does not yet have NBN connected.

How does Optus handle this?

What will the impacts be on my internet service?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Moving address from NBN to non-NBN

Yes it will impact your internet service as after all you're moving.

Optus handles it by you requesting a move to the new address, depending on the type of service you currently have (VDSL) it may be a matter of taking you're modem and plugging in and waiting. I guess the bonus is the modems are backwards compatible so they shouldn't have any issues if it ends up as a ADSL service. Yes there's plenary of behind things that have to happen before the service would become active the big one being is there Optus infrastructure and/or/if there port availability ect ect. Then of course there's the time it takes for the process to be followed through.

A thought comes to mind about phone number allocations and I'm sort of sure once a landline number is ported into NBN infrastructure there isn't a port out feature, of that I'm not sure of.

home-broadband and moving to a new premise

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos