Searching...

Moving House and relocation availability issue

pavvy2

I have been an optus customer customer for 25 years and am moving into a new apartment block and want to relocate my internet connection.

I spent an hour and a half yesterdy on the phone and online trying to do this and was finally told I could only get wireless broadband which isnt suitable as i do a lot of streaming.

I have discovered there are two different apartment numbers  on the optus data base as the number has obviously changed since the initial notification.

When checking availability myself several times I have received two different notifications - one says DSL is available and the other says Wireless Broadband is avaailable,

I would just like confirmation if I can go with DSL as I reall want to stay with Optus.

It's interesting that other unit numbers in my block are showing DSL is available.

I have an active phone line but no number.

It would be great if someone could investigate and let me knw.

Cheers

Pauline

I

Re: Moving House and relocation availability issue

SamSam

Sounds like you have a landline but it's not actually active (as in your not paying for one). Generally with DSL, as crappy as it sounds, you'll get a much better result when you do have an active landline and they can test against that rather than an address. Have you asked Optus about the "2nd address" by any chance? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

pavvy2

Thank you for your reply. I have just found out through iselect that there is only a Telstra line available so I'v organised my internet with another provider.

As Iwant to keep my optus email address I believe I can do this as I have an optus mobile.

Cheers

SamSam

Hmmm that sounds odd. If Optus shows up for other apartments in your building, they obviously service your area so I get the feeling they may not have communicated to you properly. Either way though, if you're happy with the new provider then it doesn't matter.

Not sure about the email address being associated to your mobile account though, I'd ask live chat - http://yesopt.us/chat2us 

Just in case you can't it'd be best to know before locking everything in 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Shauna

Sorry  for the late response, @pavvy2. Sad to hear that you cannot get Optus internet at your new address Smiley Sad just make sure you have contacted us to cancel your connection at the old address. You can Live Chat with us here. An Optus email address is linked to a broadband service so once you disconnect your internet you can still use it for another 3 months after which it will no longer be available and cannot be attached to a mobile service as well, I`m afraid. Also keep checking the NBN website so that you can connect back with us once available at your address. Thanks for reaching out @SamSam appreciate your assistance. If you need help with anything else in the future let us know. Kartik 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
30 Kudos
18 Kudos