Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Soniapinto
New Contributor
New Contributor

Modify login password for device management

Hi,

While using my wifi, I was advised to modify my login password. I clicked on the link and it took me to 192.162.8.1. I entered my user name and password correctly and on entering it took me to quick setup page

In the quick setup page I unclicked same as wifi password and it asked me to add a new password and confirm password. Once I did that there is no button to continue to next step or save. I’m unable to proceed and don’t have internet because of this
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Aman_YC

Re: Modify login password for device management

Hi @Soniapinto -  Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

If you are still needing a hand with this, you can reset  your  login and password by factory resetting the password. To do this you just have to : Turn the back (or at the bottom) of your modem towards you. Tap and hold the Factory reset button for about 7 seconds using a sharp-pointed object (such as a paper clip). Wait while your modem restores the factory default settings.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors