Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Hawks1902
New Contributor
New Contributor

Modem

Hi i have a wireless modem, one of the pre paid ones and it has no ethernet port. I purchased a security camera and it needs to be set up only by an ethernet port and then can run off the modem hotspot. My question is how to get my wireless modem a ethernet port? Can I use ethernet adapters? I do not have a laptop or pc, just the pre paid small modem and prefer a cheap option as it will only be needed for set-up and then I will have the camera running on wifi.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: Modem

Hey there @Hawks, thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, there isn't any form of ethernet adapters that will work with our Prepaid portable modems at this current stage. I recommend taking a look at our Home Wireless Modem options, as they may help due to having ethernet capabilities. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Hawks1902Check out a cheap wireless access modem like the the following:

https://www.msy.com.au/tp-link-tl-wa801n-wireless-n-300m-access-point-wpassive-poe-2t2r-detachable-a...

It will be allot cheaper than what @Kyri_YC said about buying a new mobile modem.

Before you buy one make sure you download the modem manual and make sure it can be setup as a repeater. I have setup a TP-LINK in the past like this where I had an old TP-Link DSL modem that was spare and had a PC in a spare room that did not have a wireless adapter, so I configured the modem to be a wireless repeater and saved buying anything.

Hawks1902
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion @AndrewC1 . I will check out the link as this is by far the cheaper option and I'll be sure to download the manual first.
Cheers for your help!
0 Kudos
Hawks1902
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your time and suggestion @Kyri_YC
0 Kudos