Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Hoops
New Contributor
New Contributor

Modem

Hi I recently changed my plan to a broadband $80 month inc fetch. I am a little confused as I have received 2 new modems. 1 x NBN modem and the other a normal netgear modem. My new plan does not start till Feb and we don't yet have NBN in our area so my questions is will the new NBN modem work with normal cable.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Modem

@Hoops, by the sounds of it we've signed you up to Optus Cable Broadband? For those who've opt for the $80.00, they'll receive two modems. That's our - NETGEAR CM500V + SAGEMCOM F@ST3864AC.

The Sagemcom works as an extension to the CM500V, it gives you access to A.C WiFi which runs over the 5 GHz frequency band. It allows for speeds 3 times as fast as what's achievable over the 2.5 GHz frequency band.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Hoops
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Dan

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

That's not a problem 🙂

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
S-tronic
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

i have the black sagem modem, is there a better modem to be used in a two storey town house apartment.

i have spiking to tech help at Optus and was advised to speak to Netgear, Dlink and TP link Directly.

All three vendors advised the modem was an entry level unit and tried to sell me a spec AC1900 modem from the brands they represent. One thing they allagreeded on was my net speed of up to 5.5 non crital times as being half my problem affecting wifi strength and service continuation.

how do I get an increase from Optus on an ADSL service?

regards

S-tronic 

0 Kudos