cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Modem factory reset

I need to change my modem password which should be the original factory settings but I can't sign in using the id and pw on the bottom of the modem which was plan A. Now if I do a reset, I am not confident that the used id and password will work. I do not recall ever having changed either. Slack I know.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Modem factory reset

Hey @AdB, thank you for reaching out. We have a few support guides to assist you in conducting a Factory Reset:

Home Broadband modem/WiFi username & password help

Modem equipment, set up & user guides for Fixed Broadband

Give these a read and if you're still experiencing issues our Technical Support Team is here to help. They can be reached via the My Optus App or by calling 133 937 (8am - 8pm, 7 days a week).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks. I am aware of the guides and I know how to do a reset. My worry is that the userid and pw on my modem are not correct. worried that if I do a reset I will lose internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

To log into the router use the "optus" username, not the wifi SSID.  Note that both username and password are case sensitive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That's good, @AdB. No worries. If you need clarification on your Optus username feel free to reach out to our 24/7 Messaging Team via the My Optus App and they'll be happy to answer any account-related questions you may have. 

0 Kudos