Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Modem Sagemcom 5366

Modem.jpg

I received this modem, but the user guide advises only how to connect.  Not how to use. Its working.  But would like to know what each indicator light means, what to do when they go off/on (trouble shooting purposes), and what the WPS and WiFi buttons are for.  Hope someone can help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Modem Sagemcom 5366

That's the 5366 LTE (Optus Ultra WiFi modem with 4G back-up)

Image1.png

• POWER - No Idea what that does 🤣
  • DSL - The DSL port on the back is being used for internet access. For NBN, this light should only be on for FTTN and FTTB connections.
  • WAN - The WAN port on the back is being used for internet access. For NBN, this light should be on for any type other then FTTN and FTTB.
  • INTERNET - Indicated that there is a working internet connection.
  • WI-FI - Indicates that wifi (2.4Ghz and/or 5Ghz) is turned on. 
  • PHONE - Indicates that a phone line is plugged into the phone port (and is active?) on the back. Note that when running in 4G backup mode that the phone will not work.
  • NETWORK - Indicates that the modem is in 4G backup mode. When internet via DSL/WAN goes down this indicator should light up and should automatically switch to 4G backup after 1-6 minutes. Speed will be dropped down to a maximum of 12/1 as it is using the 4G mobile network rather than a fixed line network.
  • SIGNAL - The strength of the 4G signal.
  • WIFI Button - Pressing this button will turn wifi on/off.
  • WPS Button - Pressing this button allows other devices to connect via the Wi-Fi Protected Setup method. Those devices usually have a WPS button themselves that needs to be pressed after the routers WPS button is pressed.

Note that since some people have received the incorrect SIM for the 4G backup service you should check that the 4G backup service works by temporarily disconnecting the DSL/WAN cable.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Modem Sagemcom 5366

Thanks so much for this advice.

Until I saw the image you provided I hadnt realised there was aqua coloured text under each light.  You will see its not clear on the photo I attached.

0 Kudos