cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Berowra2
Contributor

Re: Modem Replacement

Hi @AJH, my modem can take a couple of minutes to sync to the NBNCo Node (I sync at 109M/39M).  Given that you have tried multiple modems and the first one was fried, it is possible that the port or card at the NBNCo Node was also fried.  If you know someone else who uses the same modem, take your modem to their place to prove the modem - if the modem is good, request they send a tech out to check the Node.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Sorry to hear that this has been the experience you've had @AJH,

Are you able to PM through your details & we'll take a look at what's happening to get you up and running.

Cheers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor AJH
Contributor

I can connect directly to the NBN port. 

I wait 30 minutes on each on/off/reset test.

I now have three SAEGM Fast 3864OP modems, Optus Part Number 2985016, SAEGM part number 253649252.

I have spent 3 hours talking to 2nd level technicians who all agree that the problem is NOT the NBN modem and admit that it could be the Optus modem.

Thanks for the assist, but if the modem doesn't sync in 30 minutes and the NBN modem UNID/1 port works then I have to think that the modems I am being sent are not fit for purpose.

0 Kudos
Contributor AJH
Contributor

Why PM?

0 Kudos
Contributor AJH
Contributor

Saga - 

I had a call suggesting that one modem failure is possible, two modem failures unlikely and three modem failures indicate there is a real fault. Another 45 minutes on the phone, swapping cables, describing lights, powering on and off and hard resetting.

It seems that instead of sending me a fourth modem, someone is going to look at the issue.

Apparently no one in my local region has the same problem. 

Good for the rest of the optus customers in my local region, I hope you are happy.

I am not.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

HI @AJH, I've replied to your PM and we'll chat there.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor AJH
Contributor

Nup.

We won't chat here. Nothing against you, but I have contacted support and they have made a verbal contract with me. No point in getting a third party involved at this stage.

I will wait for the promised call.

24-48h so they have till 3 pm today.

If not, then you know where it goes AlexRH 🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor AJH
Contributor

Latest in the Saga.

They called once (past the deadline) and I couldn't answer. They left a text.
Optus Msg: We tried to call Re: 17423489. If this issue continues head to Optus.com.au/faults-hub or reply FAULT and we will call you back

If the issue continues? lol, they have sent me three modems all with the same problem, they don't sync and they think the issue may miraculously resolve itself? The tech I spoke to the other day admitted it was a fault with the SAGEM modem. The Tech I spoke to on Friday night said the same.

Anyway, I guess it is a standard reply, so I have texted FAULT every hour since recieving it.

Nothing. Not a peep.

BTW, the fault hub is a strange place of pointless information that happily leads you in circles. Shame you can't actually track the progress of the fualt.

Why do we get a new reference number each time they contact us - so we can send it to the TIO... thats why. They love numbers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor AJH
Contributor

And there is More...

Got a call from Shabnim at the Optus High Care Team who wanted to know why I wanted my account cancelled.

Yup, I am serious. 

I guess if Optus can't fix it, they just cancel the account so you go away.

We sorted that out. I don't want to cancel my account. I want an internet connection.

She said Tech were going to ring in 24-48 hours.

They didn't

2 days later I get a call from 2nd Line service guy who was ringing to see if I got a call. I told him I had not heard from Tech, he said he would get them to call within 24-48 hours.

Anyone see a pattern forming here?

Dear Optus, provide me with a technician who can rectify the current fault or provide me with a modem that works... not hard really.

0 Kudos
Contributor AJH
Contributor

Update - 

TL DR - Modem replacement ordered 22 SEP.

Optus send three new modems, each one displays the same fault. Each Tech says NBN line OK.

I write (on paper with a stamp) to the Customer Care Group asking for the issue to be reslolved. I get a call within 5 business days, and a confirmation call of that email confirming the issue. 

Apparently a Tech is going to ring 🙂

They are applying a credit to my bill and offering to waive the account cancellation fee should I decide to seek another provider when all I want is an internet and phone connection using their modem.

Will keep you posted, but if you are looking for resolution, write to the customer care group.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors