Searching...
Highlighted

Modem Replacement

AJH

Modem got fried 7 days ago. Shop can't swap. Tech Support tell me 3 days. Get a text saying 7 business days. Ring support, now 2 business days but I must be home to sign. Modem arrives, no signature required. Plug and play... doesn't work.

DSL light flashing. Ring support, 20 mins on phone, escallated. Support call me following day at 2310h - Seriously, why didnt they wait till 3 am and really screw me over.? I stay on the line, no fix, they escallate and say will call next day.

They don't call by 6pm so I get Tech chat going. Stark tells me the issue is resolved.

IT ISN"T....

The modem doesn't work. I have been without a phone, fetch or the internet for 7 days.

This isn't acceptable Optus!!

Re: Modem Replacement

AJH

So that was Friday afternoon. Nothing on Saturday so I used to Chat feature to talk to Alyssia from Fixed Line Tech.

Apparently the issue has been resolved. !!

It hasn't.

The Modem that optus sent does not sync with the NBN. The DSL light flashes and nothing happens. This is not fixed.

Alyssa says she will make a note and someone will be in touch today. No one called, emailed, text'd or made any other form of contact.

I tried the Chat feature again in the evening.

Guess what, no notes, no escalation... the issue is resolved !!!

It isn't, the Modem doesn't work. They suggested that if they sent someone around to help me connect.

Seriously? They had a tech talking to me in the middle of the night to verify that I had everything connected correctly. I managed to install the original one without issue and it worked for 2 years....

Optus - Replace the modem while I talk to the other providers. Open the UNI V port so at least I can make phone calls.

Does anyone else have the same issues when trying to get help with a product they provided?

Anyone?

Shauna

Hi @AJH - Sorry for the delayed response. 
Have you been given any fault reference numbers from our techs?
Happy to look into this further for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AJH

1273218331 - resulted in new modem being sent.

I recieved this modem, plugged it in and it did not initialise, the DSL light continued to flash.

Called again, tech called back at 2310.. I followed his instructions, I changed leads, rebboted, reset, described what was happening, plugged in my lap top direct and left it connected all night as asked. He said he would escalate it - ref 17290204.

Didn't hear anything so I unplugged my laptop, got on Chat and was told it was resolved, I plugged the modem back in and it wasn't resolved.

Got back on chat and was told it was resolved but the job was still open...

Have a missed call 02 Oct at 1825 telling me that if I plug the modem in I can use the phone. I can't, the modem does not sync, the DSL light flashes and the phone does not work.

Got another call 5 Oct asking if it was working?

It isn't.

If you can help I will be very grateful.

AJH

Tried Chat again, they are sending a new modem - ref 17358957.

Why couldn't the Tech who called me on the 28th have said that. Why did 3 other people have a look and say someone would ring?

I will now be without service for 4 weeks if it takes 10 days to replace. There is a shortage of modems apparently.

Annoyed doesn't come close to describing how I feel.

Optus provided a faulty product and I am the one suffering after losing a service I am still paying for!!!

Miles_R

My apologies that you've had such trouble with this @AJH. Certainly not what we like to see at all and I'm sorry you've had such a poor experience. Reassuring to hear that a new modem has been ordered for you and hopefully that will come out shortly for you. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help out with down the track.

[ Edited ]
AJH

It was meant to be trackable today... it isn't which makes me think that the order has not been picked.
Another weekend without the phone or reliable internet.

I have been advised that there is a delay, but only when I questioned a charge on my bill for a 13/1300 number call that took place while I didn't have a Modem. 

Normally I wouldn't look at a .32 cent charge but since I can't use my phone I decided to challange it.

Guess what... it was erroneous.

How many other clients did Optus charge .32 cents ?

You only have to do it once for people to lose all trust.

I have lost all faith and trust in Optus.

AlexRH

Appreciate that the delay you've had with the modem and the billing issue would be frustrating Smiley Sad If you do need us to double check the order, please chat with us HERE so we can take a closer look.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AJH

Modem was picked by Toll today, The earliest it will be here is Monday. this is 2 business days after the date indicated on the text.

Another weekend without a modem.

15 Business days without a modem and more importantly without a phone.

Not good.

AJH

It has arrived, the instructions are for a DSL connection. I have FTTP - 

I have plugged it in, turned it on.

Same problem. The DSL light on the modem flashes, the UNI/D 1 light on the NBN modem flashes orange. 

I left it like that for 30 minutes. I then switched it off and on again. I left it fon or 30 minutes. I used the reset switch and left it on again... same issue. DSL light on the OPTUS supplied modem flashes. The modem doesn't sync.

I got on Chat and was told a tech would ring by 6pm. It is 6.10.

What I forgot to ask was which country the 6pm was in.... No doubt it will be Mumbai... 

Absolute rubbish Optus - even if you charge me nothing you have insulted me and left me without a connection for a month now.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
38 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos