Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Skase123
New Contributor

Modem Password

I have just moved home and until this morning, my broadband worked fine. For some reason the modem password does not work anymore and I did not reset it. Can I reset the modem and if I do will I still be able to use my password and username for my Optus account, or will I need to contact Optus?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Modem Password

You can reset the modem with the reset button.

Usually the default login/password is on a sticker on the modem.

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor Skase123
New Contributor

Thanks, I'll give it a go tonight 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

How'd you go @Skase123?

Did you manage to locate the modem admin Username & PW?

It's usually in feint grey font (located next to the SSID and Password),

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Skase123
New Contributor

Hi Dan C, No, for some reason Optus had changed my password & username. However, it is now fixed, the next issue is they have suspended my Fetch subscription and I now have to wait until Monday to speak to Customer Service. I've always been happy with Optus, but I had no idea that moving house would prove to be so very difficult. My Optus shop said that it's better to arrange a transfer of services through the shop, not online. Thank you for posting a response to my query.

0 Kudos
Moderator Zac_D

Hi @Skase123

Feel free to PM us here and we'd be able to check on your Fetch service for you.

If you PM us, please include your:

Full name:

DOB:

Account number:

Fetch STB serial number:

Are you the account holder: Y/N

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos