cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Clariese1
New Contributor

Mobile phone and ADSL broadband bundles

Does anyone have good advice on which way to transfer 2 mobile prepaid phones to post paid with a decent amount  of data unlimited talk and text and bundled with ADSL home broadband as we don't have NBN till late next year. Any help and advice appreciated ☺

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Contributor Squizz
Contributor

Re: Mobile phone and ADSL broadband bundles

Hi,

Can you quantify 'a decent amount of data'.

Are you in a 4G+ area?

Do you get better data rates on your mobile than your ADSL?

Subject to your circumstances, You might consider:

SIM-only (http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/sim-only) plans with unlimited domestic talk and text but only and small amount of data then put them in a data pool (http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phone-plans/data-sharing) with a 4G modem (http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/mobilebroadband). Use at least a cat 9 modem, or better if you can get it. cat 16 transceivers are already in some phones, so it is only a matter of time before they appear in the 4G modems.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So you also want to get a new internet connection?

I'd suspect the $60 a month NBN plan might be the go? It will be ADSL to start with and since most ADSL plans max out at 12Mbps in practice then its a cheap unlimited plan. You also save on not getting the Fetch PVR and EPL etc. 

If you want those extras then you can at anytime transfer to the $80 version (25Mbps, although you'll probably find it hard to get better than 12Mbps as mentioned). 

Main downside is its a 24 month contract. Optus will migrate you to the NBN automatically in 12 months (if you ask) although you may need to sign a new 24 month contract - alternatively you can stay on the ADSL for the 24 months then choose your own provider.

The phones should be simpler. 15Gb for $40 seems to be the sweet spot. Get them on the same account and you can data pool (so that's 30Gb to share each month). You used to get a $10 discount for having phones and internet - not sure if that's the case now days.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor Danny73
New Contributor

Hi thanks replying.

I now have one mobile on post paid $40 per MTH. With 15gb data. I want to get home broadband too. We don't get NBN apparently till middle 2019 so only DEAL here. I want to know if I can get a broadband bundle to mobile not wanting a home phone? I searched online but just can't find one.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Danny73

Not sure what you're asking? Can you get Optus HFC cable? Or only ADSL?

The current Optus broadband deals include a landline number but its free and you don't have to ever use it. There's a JUST BROADBAND plan but it costs the same as the bundle with other stuff thrown in.

I don't believe Optus discount your mobile / internet bundle anymore for having both (but I could be wrong on that)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Moderator Kartika

Hi @Danny73, sorry for the late reply. Have you spoken to our sales team in regards to getting a broadband connection since posting. You first need to confirm if your address is serviceable with us → here. Once this is done you then need to choose the appropriate plan and contact our sales team either online → here or over the phone on 133345 Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 9:00pm Sat: 9:00am - 7:00pm Sun: 9:00am - 6:00pm to place the order. What @petergdownload has mentioned is correct there is no bundle offer for Mobile and Home phone / Broadband for now. Any other questions let us know. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos