cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Ru8yro53
New Contributor

Mobile internet speed

Hi I've been having internet speed issues in Mount Morgan QLD for about 2 weeks now. 2 weeks ago around 10:30-11pm on ether Saturday or Sunday (I can't remember exactly as I didn't think much of it) our phone reception dropped out and kept coming and going for the next two hours as I'm told by my son.

Now since then our internet speeds have been gradually dropping. First we were averaging 60-80Mbps download since Febuary when we started our contract and it has been consistant until the drop out 2 weeks ago. Now we are lucky to see 1-6Mbps download.

We are using a Huawei E5573 but we know that's not the issue. Speed tests on my son's mobile and my mobile are struggling to go over 1Mbps download when every device states that it's connected to 4G.

I'm just curious as to weather something has happened with the tower or something else has happened. My son is paying towards our connection and we aren't exactly happy with the amount we are paying for a service that now struggles to barely load a web page let alone a video at 480.

Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

3 Replies
Occasional Contributor lilou2093
Occasional Contributor

Re: Mobile internet speed

Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I had a decrease in the speed of my isolated rural tower for a 2 week period. It happened during normal congestion hours and then was OK after midnight. I thought it was because another tower broke, and those customers were clagging up my tower. However, it can also be the backhaul which is broken. You can only put a complaint in. They will say there is nothing wrong with your tower. It may just be a metter of waiting. 3G was better on my tower, due to the more limited range of 900Mhz.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor lilou2093
Occasional Contributor

Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button

*moderated*

0 Kudos