cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mobile broadband

I have just had my new service connected and after working for about 4 hrs I received a message saying Mobile Broadband Disconnected Your data connection is disconnected. I have read the steps of what to do and it seems I need to pay my first bill but I haven't been sent anything and cannot access them through my dashboard. I have now set up my direct debit. I am happy if you tell me that I need to wait or I need to pay but the problem is I don't know what to do as there is no information. I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mobile broadband

Hmm not sure it would be a billing issue if a postpaid service stopped working after 4 hours. If you login to the admin section of your modem is there a "connect" button on the first page or does it say it's disconnected?

Where did you get or see the message that Mobile Broadband Disconnected Your data?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Mobile broadband

This is a public forum. You need to contact Optus directly and ask about the status of your service (its not likely to be an unpaid first bill btw). Use livechat here on line or in the mobile app or Optus facebook for someone who can figure out why your service has stopped.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos