Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
rob627343
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mobile broadband modem

I just bought a new Optus 4G wireless modem, an update from the old Optus ZTE modem to the new Alcatel Optus link model. The performance is terrible and can’t seem to crack to issue, activate the sim in the box fine and does connect. I tried submitting a case logging a network outage question, using the Optus app and reading the trouble shooting, the speed test results aren’t great or consistent. It’s unusable for work anymore with it current performance but surely I can fix the issue
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: Mobile broadband modem

Hi there, @rob627343,

Just to clarify, is it that you have purchased a new modem pack and are having troubles activating it? 

Or is it that you have activated it and it's still not working and that a case has been raised to investigate?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
rob627343
New Contributor
New Contributor

I’ve activated it, that was really easy, but the connection speed is nothing like the old one and can’t work out why
0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Thanks for that @rob627343.

Generally speaking it could be that your area is compatible with certain network frequencies and possibly the new modem isn't compatible with one the previous one was. 

There are different factors that can affect network strengths. 

It could be worth having a chat with our Technical Team by messaging us via the My Optus App

Otherwise if you have already raised a case about this, they will be in touch to discuss with your further ASAP. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.