Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jbro0140
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mobile broadband and mobile reception outage

Hi,

There has been an unplanned outage of the Northmead NSW (2152) mobile tower since Tuesday last week. This means virtually no mobile and absolutely no internet access in my house - which is literally across the road from the tower.

After calling support and signing up for the SMS updates - it was confirmed that it would be fixed by yesterday 7pm. So, I call again this morning and now there is maintenance until 20 Nov, so another week of no reception. The support on the phone only offered an apology and told me to get a SIM card from a competitor.

The lack of warning and the inaccurate communication is unacceptable. My wife and I have to receive urgent phone calls from the local hospital overnight - and this makes it quite dangerous!

How can the fix of this problem be expedited?

Thank you
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ness_YC

Re: Mobile broadband and mobile reception outage

Hi @jbro0140, I'm sorry for the delay in the completion of these works. I've taken a closer look at the Northmead NSW (2152) area and can see that planned maintenance (ref: CHG-C53453) was scheduled to be completed yesterday. However, it appears that these works have had to be extended for infrastructure upgrades. This is scheduled to end on 20-11-2020 at 11:59:00 PM (ref: CHG-C57943). 

My apologies for any inconvenience caused. If you would like to know more about these works, I would recommend chatting with our Technical Support Team via the My Optus app

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@jbro0140If you want to get re-imbused aka refunded for the costs between when the outage started and is fixed (includes Belong or Vodafone costs assuming you have proof that the optus script monkey said try a competitor) then make a formal complaint and indicate you want costs to be reimbursed and for any extended future outages. The complaint page is:

https://www.optus.com.au/support/feedback-and-complaints/make-a-complaint

Be aware it will take a while to get sorted. Check woolies and coles online catalog to see if they have any data sims on special at the moment.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
jbro0140
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you Andrew, will go this avenue as well.