cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mobile Broadband Sim Activation

I recieved my mobile broadband router last Thursday in the mail but failed to recieve my SIM card, which it turns was sent to my old address 2500kms away somehow?

Anyway. Grabbed a new sim from my local store. Rang to get it activated on Saturday and was told no worries ill get a call back in 5 to 10 minutes to let me know how it goes. Never recieved a call back. So i had to wait till Monday to try again. 

It all looked as it was getting resolved and I recieved this SMS.

"We'd like to update you of your current issue about your sim card update. We are currently undergoing system upgrade and this has affected sim card updates. But please do not worry for our IT group is now working on it. Please allow 1-2 bussiness days for everything to be fixed. We will send you notification once done. Thank you and have a good day!"

Which I appreciated. However it has been 2 business days and I am no closer to having internet and whats the point of calling anymore if im just being put on hold and nothing eventuating?

Also the Mobile Broadband has attached to my regular phone billing cycle, which only has 16 days left and I still dont have internet? Am I going to recieve a full bill for half a month (if the internet starts working soon..)?

Been an Optus customer for 6-7 years and never had a problem before this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Mobile Broadband Sim Activation

Sorry to hear that you had bad experience in activating the Mobile broadband service and voice customer care. I would like to highlight you that you can contact Optus at Live chat to check the status of Activation of broadband service. Please Feel free that you are issue resolved once you contact Optus Live chat.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@BeanoBoy Sorry for the issues here. It does sound like we'll need to activation team to follow up again I'm afraid. If you jump into Live Chat and click Mobile > Track Your Order, this will connect you with the right department.

Your new service will be billed pro-rata on your existing account. So the next invoice will have charges for the month ahead, as well as any back dated charges from when it was activated. The dates for these charges will show on the invoice so if you notice it was billed before you could use it, raise this will the Billing Team and they will provide any necessary adjustments.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ive tried this twice and rang multiple times.

I just get asked the same questions multiple times, get put on hold and then they try and transfer me to the sales department? Who of course say its not their issue and transfer me back..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, I'm happy to take a look at this one @BeanoBoy.

When you get the chance, send us a private message.

We'll need your full name, DOB and account number.

We'll check what's holding up the activation of the service.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos