cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor emmsee
Occasional Contributor

Mobile Broadband Modems

I'm moving to an area with only Fixed Wireless NBN. NBN Confirm I'm unable to get reception (Hill/knoll between the tower and my residence). Eligible to Satellite but not interested. I'm using about 350GB a month on my Current NBN FTTN Plan.

I'm interested in the Optus 500GB for $80 Mobile Broadband offer. 

Nearest Tower is 2.4KM distance with 3G 900MHz, 3G 2100MHz, 4G 700MHz, (4G 1800MHz - proposed), 4G 2100MHz OPTUS.

Can I choose the B525 or AC800S?.

If I go the monthly plan and pay for the modem outright, can I later move to the same plan on a 24-month contract (same price/data allowance)?

When Optus offer a 200GB plan that is 100gb plus 100GB bonus, does that place any restrictions on the use of the 100gb bonus?

Any other suggestions other than the Mobile Broadband 500gb offer to get around my problem?

cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Mobile Broadband Modems

Hi

There is the optus home wireless broadband 200gb for $60 per month, contact or month to month.

Before you decide ensure you are getting a good 4G Signal at your new residence on a Optus SIM.

It would be no problem moving from M2M to a contract.   Going straight to a contract would save you the price of the modem as that's included so I would be inclined to go straight to the contract if the 4g signal is good.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

G'day Dave  

Other than knowing someone's with an Optus phone, how do did I check 4g reception at my new residence?  

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

If you have an unlocked phone but a cheap Optus prepaid SIM.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dave, 

Will pick up a sim and try it! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor maximo101
Occasional Contributor

Also you might as well sign up with the 24 month contract which includes the modem. There is no cancellation fees and you would just pay out the modem if you cancel (minus the months you have paid ~ $10 a month)

0 Kudos