cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

ZeusAUS
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Mobile Broadband 500GB Plan Modem and NetGear Modem

Hi folks, I have just upgraded to the Mobile Broadband 500GB plan SIM only as I only own both a Netgear 790s and 810s mobile modems.  Got setup today and got connected to the network no problems - only problem is that I can't navigate anywhere to other than an Optus page and when I try and go elsewhere is says something is wrong and that I have put the wrong SIM in the wrong device.  Does Optus plans only work with the Optus Mobile Broadband Modems or are my APN settings incorrect.  I set the APN to LTEBROADBAND.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GTFO
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Mobile Broadband 500GB Plan Modem and NetGear Modem

Because their is an approved device list, and the devices you have stated are NOT on that list.
The plan stipulates that it requires to be left in the device supplied, or in your case, a device on the approved list (which IS a screen that the sales person HAS to accept after advising of the devices that the plan will work in).

Device list: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Optus-Wireless-Broadband-eligible-device-list/m-p/512447#M61...
0 Kudos
ZeusAUS
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ok it appears that the sales guy must have thought as I had an updated version of the approved modems that it would work. I purchased a pre-paid SIM to test that Optus would work with these modems before subscribing to this plan and the Pre-Paid SIM worked fine...
0 Kudos
GTFO
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Netgear 790 is from 2015 and 810 came out around same time as 800s (which was built for Optus)
Its pretty clear in their sales page that it has to be these models.
I saw this sales page when I signed up in a store, so obviously needs some training due to the influx of people with the same issue.
0 Kudos