Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor mc-morley
New Contributor

Mobile Broadband - $130 option

I am trying to recharge my Mobile Broadband.  When I go to the available options for prepaid recharge, there is one which I would like to use - $130 for 22GBytes which expires in 2 years.  However, when I selected the option and looked at the information (by selecting <More Information>), it says that the $130 is for 15 GBytes only and only lasts for 365 days!

Can anyone please confirm which one is right $130/15GBytes/365days or $130/22GBytes/2Years?

Thanks. Marc

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Mobile Broadband - $130 option

Hi there,

Simply put a Both. It would depend what data plan the sim falls under. As I can't get access to my prepaid stuff I'll relate to Telstra. Over there you can change from the granfathered plan to the new with a few clicks. I would think have a similar thing but I'm unsure of the process.. Still I'm sure that someone will pop in this thread and hopefully share the knowledge 🙂

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
RetiredModerator Marcel
RetiredModerator

Hey mc-morley, I know which offer you're referring to you and it should be fine to recharge for that offer. Just confirming are you on one of our latest plans? If you're then, please click here & refer to the 'Critical Info Summary at the bottom of that page. That should confirm that you have 2 years on that offer. You can then recharge via the same page 🙂 Let me know how you go. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor mc-morley
New Contributor

Marcel,

Just to let you know that I had a chat session with one of the Optus Support person.  I was told that they would change my record and I would be able to have the $130 / 22 GB / 2Years option.  It was done yesterday and today I was able to recharge using this option.  Thanks.

RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Fantastic to hear! Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor amlagonda
New Contributor

I am really anoyed, you advertised $130 for 2 years and 22gigs and then hand out 1 year and 15 gigs, and this thread is telling me im on old plan, how is that possible.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Yes correct, I have two sims one is $130 2 years 22GB and the other is $130 1 year 15GB. It doesnt worry me as I'd either call up and move the older sim to the current plan structure or purchase another sim. Simple.

What would be annoying is if I blindly recharged and assumed I'd automatically be move over. Thankfully that system doesn't exists as imagine if it worked the other way and dropped you back.

One has to look and step through the process.

I will add...It would be nice to see the data amount added with the price and length when scrolling through options within the iPad app as that's not revealed until later.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor Val7127
Occasional Contributor

Be careful what you do. I paid for the two year plan 12 months ago and am now being told my plan has expired and I need to recharge. Very unhappy about this and feeling very ripped off. Everyone I have spoken to about this(except one person) insists I need to recharge. One person found the two year plan on my account but could not adjust the expiry date. She escalated my issue to tech over a week ago and I have heard nothing from then. 

0 Kudos