cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Missed nbn appointment by technician

Today I stayed home from work to be available for a technician appointment between 7 am and midday. It is now 1.30pm and I have heard nothing from Optus. 

I have lost a days pay to be available for today’s appointment and you have no functional method to contact Optus regarding issues. The online chat still constantly disconnects while waiting or when chatting to an operator/consultant

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Missed nbn appointment by technician

I am sorry to hear it.

It took me around 40 minutes to finally have someone connect via chat (I'm trying to cancel my service).

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Not great customer service

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus may not know if the install has been successful as NBN Technicians act seperately and may not update attendance details for many hours after the fact. That said, Optus could definitely offer a much better experience IMO. At a minimum it would be pretty straight forward to set up automatic SMS notification. Customers would be send appointment details and also placed in this register. One hour past the end time customers could be sent an SMS asking if all went well and providing a contact point if not. There's not a lot Optus can do in this situation but IMO the customer could be much better informed about what is going on.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos