Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
fatmario
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Minimum speed below 1Mbit

I'm constantly having issues with my internet speed past 7pm, at the extent that I can't use internet at all in the evening for the last 2 months.

I live in 2205 ARNCLIFFE, NSW area.

This weekend it reached the joke level, I've been for Friday 7pm-1am, Saturday 6pm-2am, Sunday 10pm-2am below1Mbit.

I ran 3 different speed tests constantly and their results were really smilar with a max download speed of 0.70Mbit, this 97.6% below the advertised speed. 

I don't expect to have 30Mbit, I've made my peace with the fact that Optus can't deliver nothing nearly close to the speed advertised, not even in the best case scenario, 3am with my network disconnected and only the speedtest pc connected to the modem. 

How would Optus feel if I pay 2.4% of my bill?

Why am I bound to pay my bill without having Optus delivering the service? 

I understand that the network is so crapy and over-sold that congestion is a huge issue.

God damn it, below 1Mbit?

If is my duty to pay my bill it should be Optus duty to maintain the network up-to-date with increasing number of contracts Optus sell.

I'm so bloody frustrated about low quality service offered in my area, if I had any other option I would go for it.

Now please can I have some one in this forum to tell me that I'm affected by congestion and there is nothing anybody can do? Basically "yeah, we are crap, deal with it".

0 Kudos
5 Replies
zvonul
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Minimum speed below 1Mbit

I'm sure this result would have been a great success about .... 20 years ago. I can't work on this either171213_speed test_optus cable.jpeg

0 Kudos
fatmario
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What area are you living in?

Try calling their support, they gonna be sorry about it.

Have you tried to reset the modem? ahahaha

Unfortunately until they have to commit to a minimum speed there is nothing we can do.

I've no other options here, funny enough nobody from Optus is replying to this post.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry no one has been able to get back to you @fatmario. Certainly not good to see these speeds. I'm assuming this on the HFC network?

Via YesCrowd I can provide basic troubleshooting, but it sounds like you've been through this already so we may need Tech Support to open an investigation. Have you spoken with them recently to raise a fault?  If so, send me a private message with your fault reference and I will ask the team handling your case for an update.

If you don't have a fault reference, please give Tech Support a call on 131344 or jump into Live Chat. They'll need to run through some tests and then you'll get an SMS with the reference number. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
fatmario
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I did this, 

My nas has a Gigabit ethernet, it is connected directly on the router and QoS is configured to give priority to the NAS.

I've setup the NAS to collect speedtest details every hour and I've build a dashboard to check connectivity.

https://tesei.me/gds/chart.html

I don't want to chat or talk to someone just to told again I'm suffering from Peak Hours Congestion.

Now that NBN is using Cable Connection problem happens more often than before.

Dashboard is real-time so be my guest and have a look two days worth. 

I'll leave it running when so I can prove the pattern,

Regards,

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @fatmario, if you've been advised that peak time slowness is affecting you then it would be the case.

In saying that, if you would like us to double check everything, please PM me/Toomey with your details so we can check it out. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors