Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor pdtokyo
New Contributor

Meaningless email

I'm the unfortunate owner of a soon-to-be-downgraded fixed wireless  contract ... today received this meaningless email ...

Second and third paragraphs are mutually meaningless.

Anyone at Optus tested this message before hitting send button?

Anyone care to explain it to me?

Hi Peter,

Ensuring you are aware of changes to our contract terms is very important to us, so we are getting in touch to let you know about some changes that we have made to your fixed bundled plan.

You are currently on a fixed bundled plan which includes a fixed telephone and broadband service. If you cancel a service with Optus, any remaining services in the bundled plan will automatically be cancelled.

If at any point you would like to cancel one of the services that is part of your fixed bundle but keep the remaining service, if you have any questions please contact us

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Occasional Contributor Marjarie9
Occasional Contributor

Re: Meaningless email

cancel optus and go look at some of the other providers
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The English is a bit tortured but my read is it's a heads up that you can't selectively cancel parts of your service. If you do then it will all be shut down.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's right, it was a requirement to notify customers that from now on if they wanted to cancel the phone or internet they need to contact Optus to retain the other which wasn't the case previously.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor pdtokyo
New Contributor

Thank you Ray, your explanation makes some sense ... but i'm convinced the original mail does NOT make sense ...

Presumably it wasn't just me who received it ... it would have been a mail-out to tens of thousands of Optus subscribers ... so ... where is the quality control?

It seems that nobody at Optus eyeballs this stuff before it goes out.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

The person who released this message should be counselled.

0 Kudos
New Contributor pdtokyo
New Contributor

... i'd be amazed if a minimum of TWO people weren't required to broadcast an email to subscribers ... so make that TWO 'counselling' sessions ...

0 Kudos