cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor staghorn
New Contributor

Maroubra cable outages

Today my cable internet (and home phone) are out again for the third time in a few weeks.  First was 9th to 12th of April 2016.  They admitted that was a network problem.  Then from 3rd to 5th of May.  Tech support said this was at my premises, arranged a tech visit, but then cancelled it because it was a network problem.  Just been on the phone to them today, 17 May, and they say it's at my premises and have arranged another technician to call, and deny there's any network problem.  I am suspicious that it is in fact a network problem, as the internet signal just disappeared during the day while there was noone here in perfect weather ...

Anyone else in this area having problems?  Optus, any idea when it will be fixed so that we don't lose the internet regularly?  I'd cancel my contract immediately if I thought I'd get better service from another provider, but at the moment I'm still hoping it can be fixed.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
New Contributor staghorn
New Contributor

Re: Maroubra cable outages

Guess what!  It was a network problem.  It is frustrating when the people at tech support don't know about these, and there's nowhere to find the info on the optus website.  Internet is back again now, which is a faster fix than the last two outages.

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Hey staghorn, apologies for the downtime. It's really disappointing that Tech Support were inconsistent with confirming what the problem actually related to! I'm totally with you that it's frustrating. The Tech Support crew have access to not only software that would assist in testing line faults, but also regular updates from our Networks Team in regards to outages so they can help as efficiently as possible. So sorry we let you down in this case, have you had any further probs since posting? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor pjg777
New Contributor

Maroubra optus cable out since 10tb - disgraceful customer service - zero updated despite guarantees. 4 calls for 4 different explanations. A cesspit of a company.

0 Kudos
New Contributor pjg777
New Contributor

Maroubra optus cable out since 10th -disgraceful customer service - zero updated despite guarantees. 4 calls for 4 different explanations. A cesspit of a company.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors