Searching...

Major email delays

TrickyO

Over the last 3 days I have had major email delays. 

Some emails have taken over 10 hours to arrive in my inbox after they were sent.

I have tried this in Webmail, on my phone and in outlook. Some emails are just not getting to my inbox quickly. 

Email from another @optusnet.com.au account is quick. From my work account still hasnt arrived and from others externally (sent at 3pm yesterday, arrived this morning). The header record show the emails are reaching the Optusnet domain straight away and there is no further information beyond that. I have had two chat sessions with support and neither had sufficient expertise to resolve (suggested clearing cache on my browser as if that would fix my Outlook or phone). My Optusnet mailbox is only at 15% capacity. They have logged a complaint and indicated this may take 3-4 business days for a resolution. Any ideas?

Re: Major email delays

TrickyO

Oh and before you asked I have checked my SPAM and clutter folders as well. 

Thunder83a

I have also noticed major delays. I was CC'd in on an email my fiance received at 3:17am this morning but I have not yet received it in my inbox... also emails tested from work address are not working.

FunkyB

Having same problem - major email delays. Extremely frustrating trying to run a business this way. And this is not the first time it's happened although usually it clears up after a day - have to say this is the worst instance I've come across of this.

Tried calling support on this years ago but a complete waste of time - they just don't understand the issue.

Highlighted

TrickyO

Hey Optus,

I hope you are monitoring this forum. 

See the responses below. It seems the issue is not issolated to my email account and you have a major issue. 

Please take action to resolve for your business customers. 

d_boyd

Same problem here and the timing is the same.  Over the last three days I've also had heavily delayed emails, or episodes where emails sent by other parties have not yet arrived, or some trickle through in a semi-random way and not in chronological order.

This is frustrating in the sense that we are in the middle of a legal matter and a seperate commerical matter and its normal for these transactions to be administered via email.  But the problem has been specific to the last three days and wasn't an issue prior to that timeframe.

Kartika

Hi @TrickyO, sorry for the late reply and thanks for bringing this to our attention. There was an issue with email delays which we were aware of. But since then it has been fixed by our Technical Support. There is a few more updates in process. If you are still facing this issue then raise it with Tech Support 131344 (open 24x7) to investigate further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

FunkyB

It's happening again....

Colonel

I sent an email on 13/12/17 at 10.50am via Optus Webmail to a friend about 16km away. It arrived on 14/12/17 1.06am.  Very frustrating.

FunkyB

It's happening again today... very frustrating...

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
73 Kudos
52 Kudos
38 Kudos
25 Kudos