cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Mail account deleted (second time)

I’ve tried every possible way to solve this. I’ve had an optus email account for over 20 years.

I found if i send an email to my optus address it bounces back and says there is no such account. I have had no email for two weeks. I cannot log in. Of course PayPal and eBay and LinkedIn and everything else relies on this email.

Sadly this the second time this has happened, but I have a backup. My wife’s optus mail account still works, even though I’m the main account holder.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Mail account deleted (second time)

Its never recommended to use an RSP email (they're only provided to trap you into staying - if you ever leave Optus (and with the NBN that's a big option now) you'll lose your email address).

I suggest you take the time to migrate to a free GMail account. Much better security, features, Spam, filtering and recovery. You can also seemlessly link two GMail accounts together so you can have one for you and one for the wife.

Migrating is relatively easy these days, but best done while you have the existing Optus account in place. You can set up the GMail account totally separate to your Optus one and just have it import all old an new Optus emails in (tagged). Start updating your contacts and accounts with the new email (you can see any stragglers as the number of emails to your Optus address declines). Then shut off the Optus address.

You're now free to go anywhere you like. 🐵
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’ve done exactly that. Your post is very well explained, thanks.

However, some accounts are extremely difficult to change as the optus address is the login. I’ve just had a PayPal purchaser tell me his payment has not worked.

I shalll battle on.
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Good Luck.

Most sites (esp. ones like Paypal) should have a secondary process to update email addresses but its a case of finding them and jumping the hoops.
0 Kudos