Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BJS56
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Lost devices on LAN

I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and now can't see some of the devices on my wired network. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Lost devices on LAN

Hey @BJS56, that's rather odd mate. Updating your Windows software shouldn't have an impact on your device showing up. Sometimes with new instalments though, previous history, cookies and caches can be removed and so its just a matter of connecting them back on.

If the issue was an happening across all platforms, I would recommend having a chat to our Tech Teams over on the Optus App where they will be able to advise and assist in the best possible way. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Check the windows firewall.

Is it only the windows PC that can't see those missing devices?

Can the other devices see each other fine?

0 Kudos
BJS56
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Seems like the latest version of Windows 10 has more security than before. I turned off all firewall and other antivirus and security controls and managed to see the device, an older DROBO NAS, and managed to find it on the network and then kid shares in the DROBO desktop. Someone tried to connect from their phone while all this was off so felt a bit vulnerable.

Strangely I have an older laptop running Windows 10 and it could still see and connect to everything. I still can’t see the Fetch box on the network but that’s not critical. All my photos were backed up on the NAS.
It seems like it was a security issue in Windows.
0 Kudos