cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Loosing it with optus

Can anyone point me in the correct direction to get an answer or in contact with management of some sort? I've been waiting just over 3 months for my internet to be set up, after around 10 calls and numerous live chats I've still got knowhere and now they are wanting to charge me over $300 for no internet. Yet when I complain I get told my case officer will be in touch but never does. Why do optus send msgs on a no reply number, and also don't have an email for complaints!!! 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Loosing it with optus

Can you surreptitiously change to Telstra or iiNet? Time to TIO your way out of the situation.

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I only went with them for the epl. May have to just give up on them as it's getting ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

You could get EPL off one of their tablet or phone plans

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Glen353888,

You've definitely been waiting far longer than we'd expect. How are we tracking since posting last? Which Network had we planned on connecting you to? The standard connection time frame for an ADSL service is 10 working days, Cable and NBN time frames are generally determined by technician availability. You haven't received any sort of correspondence to advise that there was an issue holding up the progress of your order?

You're more than welcome to send us a private message with your order details. I need your full name, DOB and order number http://yesopt.us/pmdan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It is an adsl connection. I spoke to technical again on Sunday, he organised for another the tech to come out on Tuesday. I asked for unlimited data on a mobile broadband as compensation until issue is fixed but he promised that it would be fixed, and if not I can speak to a new case manager about the mobile broadband.  Tuesday comes, tech can't fix it says optus need to send another tech out!! Shock!! Case manager calls wed and asks if it's fixed? No, but he wants to run the same diagnosis every other one has already done. I asked for his manager, he doesn't have one!! I said I want mobile broadband, he can't approve that. I should speak to sales and buy from them. I put the phone down. Now I've no idea where I'm at. Can you get someone with some authority to contact me as it's like calling a circus when I call optus. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You're more than welcome to send through a private message with your order details. We'll need your full name, DOB and account number http://yesopt.us/pmdan. As far as an interim mobile broadband service is concerned, we can send out internet assistance kits https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Optus-Internet-Assistance-Kit/ba-p/189501.

We're unable to offer an unlimited broadband usage allowance; it's not something we have the capacity to organise. Hopefully I can narrow down a connection time frame for you or at least give you an indication of what's holding up the activation of the service. Look forward to hearing back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just an update for whoever cares cause obviously optus management dont. Finally got my internet up and running. Turns out phone line needed connected which took tech 5 mins.was told the financial team would be in contact over my bill, no call. One week later my internet turned off due to my bill issues. After 3 days and multiple phone calls and department swaps and people hanging up as they don't want to sort this problem I've given up. Don't know who to speak with, worst service I've dealt with in my life. Just cant actually believe these last 3 months. 

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Glen353888,

I've sent you a private message. We'll get this sorted out for you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Internet lasted 2days then after a few calls from billing and payment department which neither knows my history for some unknown reason(we don't have access to that information) it's off again. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO SORT OUT???? JUST DON'T CHARGE ME FOR 3 MONTHS YOU COULDNT CONNECT MY INTERNET AND MAKE A NOTE SO ALL DEPARTMENTS CAN SEE. I'm actually going to see v cat about this now as the business I'm loosing and hassle to stay connected is unreal. WHAT IS GOING ON? WHERE IS MANAGEMENT IN THIS???????? PATHETIC

0 Kudos