cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Long Wait Times

Hey guys, apologies for the long wait times - Our centres have been super busy. We're trying to get back to everyone as soon as we can. If you are unable to get through over the phones, give our Live Chat guys a try here.

Occasional Contributor Tassiecelt
Occasional Contributor

I'm happy that since I first joined Optus last December, the wait times are now much shorter.

0 Kudos
New Contributor tcld0
New Contributor

Nope, I've tried live chat several time and always get this message: We're sorry but our chat team are all busy at the moment.

I still can't get through by phone, or live chat.  I'm paying for a service I can't use and can't get through to anyone at Optus to resolve it.  What option do I have left but to just stop paying?

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Apologies for the lengthy wait @tcld0 and late reply. Have you since had any help? If not, we may be able to lend a hand on here. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor willis
New Contributor

In regard to your callback service, I faced a long wait on hold today and opted for the callback service. It rang me back and promptly hung up. I rang again and requested another callback and, guess what? Yep, it rang back and hung up again.

I think there is something wrong with your automated service and this is adding to the ever-growing wait times when trying to contact Optus these days.

Regards.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

I'm sorry you've had issues contacting our support team willis 😞 Did you manage to get help in the end? I'll certainly pass your feedback on to our switching team to make sure they look in to this.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor JBP101
Occasional Contributor

I have been on the phone for 1hour and 20 mings, Had one questions answered, then sent to tech support with a new person that did not understand, simple questions totally unacceptable service ven from Manila standards

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

1 hour and 21 minutes and still waiting, going to look for a career that respects NPS. Customer service as this is terrible. Bye bye, Optus, Support and customer service is what I am paying for, but not getting so will go elsewhere while I pay cheaper I understand not to call, this is awful, I was advised I would be transferred to a senior tech to troubleshoot a pop server error. Sick of hearing the turn-off and on again level one troubleshooting when the connection is not the issue.no option for a call back so I either wait ... now 124mins or try again tomorrow, or easier to leave and go somewhere else

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

1 hour and 21 minutes and still waiting, going to look for a career that respects NPS. Customer service as this is terrible. Bye bye, Optus, Support and customer service is what I am paying for, but not getting so will go elsewhere while I pay cheaper I understand not to call, this is awful, I was advised I would be transferred to a senior tech to troubleshoot a pop server error. Sick of hearing the turn-off and on again level one troubleshooting when the connection is not the issue.no option for a call back so I either wait ... now 124mins or try again tomorrow, or easier to leave and go somewhere else. just hung up as over 1.5 hours and my head is about to explode, worst experience ever. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor JamesCC
New Contributor

Sam - nearly two years on it seems that nothing has changed.

Wait times are not something that happens to Optus - they are a target set by Optus and then staffing is determined accordingly. What is Optus' Service Level or Average Speed of Answer target for the various queues - in other words - what does Optus think is a reasonable time to make us wait.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors