cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Tassiecelt
Occasional Contributor

Long Wait Times

I'm a new Optus customer and I am surprised at the long wait getting through to support.

It seems 30 minutes is standard, and often goes longer than that.

This is entirely unacceptable!

I used to think Telstra was bad, but Optus is much worse. Optus, this is really bad customer service, you need to address this problem immediately.

22 Replies
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Re: Long Wait Times

Hey Tassuecelt, 

Really sorry for the long wait times - we have been flat chat lately but all of our teams are doing their best to answer your queries as quickly as possible. We also have a live chat team available  here.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor prmcasp
New Contributor

Me too! In the past wait times were 5-10 mins which is OK. Now it is a "standard" "at least 30 minutes". What is going on? You would think a telco could run an automated call back service.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Depending on the wait times & what department you're calling we do have callback services available prmcasp. We also have the option to chat with us via live chat here.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor dcfmax
Occasional Contributor

In the past, and I mean for a very long time +10 years being an Optus customer the wait times have only been 5 to 10 minutes, and on the odd occasion 20mins during peak times.

Recently(the last Month), I am appalled at the disgustingly long wait times. Within the last 4 weeks EVERY SINGLE call WITHOUT FAIL to technical support & customer service has been 30 minutes PLUS wait times.

One was a 50 minute wait time.

One call I explained to the operator my issue, then he put me on hold for 40 mintues and didn't come back. Another techincal support person answered then I had to explain it again. So over a freakn hour of just waiting alone,.

So from now on I am recording every single employee number and time and dates of calls. You guys are so lucky that Telstra (from my experience) is worse in every aspect, and you're lucky I have my Tablet, Mobile, Internet and Phone with Optus and that it is a PIA to switch everything to another carrier, BUT if this sort of treatment continues you left me with no choice but to say goodbye after over ten years.

So over such intolerable phone support wait times.

New Contributor tcld0
New Contributor

I've been trying to get through to customer service for two weeks. Every time I call, it says there's at least 30 minutes wait. Several times I've waited up to an hour. Finally one time I got through, was then transferred to another desk, only to be accidentally hung up on by the technician.  So now i get to start the process all over again. Just apalling customer experience.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Tassiecelt
Occasional Contributor

I called the other day and got through right away, amazing!

i do believe they have improved a lot since last year.

0 Kudos
New Contributor tcld0
New Contributor

spent another 25 minutes on hold just now before their system disconnected the call.

0 Kudos
Contributor FixItNow
Contributor

I have been promised a callback from optus over 40 times and not once got a callback.

I have, however, been hungup on, diverted from idiot to idiot until the call timed out more than 20 times.

The supervisor is never available (but will call me back within 48 hours) - never happened.

SMS advice on service outages - promised more than 10 times - never happened.

Yep - I've called these muppets more than 100 times and to be blunt - the service is just C.R.A.P.

0 Kudos
New Contributor dianesteph1
New Contributor

I would also like to comment on the extremely long waiting times. I signed up to Optus about 2 months ago. During that time I have had to ring the customer service about 8 times. Each time I was over an hour waiting for to be put through, one time I actually got through and then said I had the wrong department so put me back on hold! I waited another hour and hung up in the end. I was so frustrated that I had to go to an Optus shop and  they rang and I finally got to speak to a person. If Optus knows it has very long waiting times what are they doing about it? Could Optus call the person back rather them waiting wasting hours of there time. I am a mother, a student, a teacher, a carer... I don't have time to what for hours. When I finally got through to someone.Each problem took over 50 mins to fix. I understand I have to wait 30 max if the cue is too long Optus call your customers back. Treat them like people, give them respect and they will be loyal customers. As for me, if anyone asked me if I would recommend Optus I would say no... Don't go there. Make a change about how u do business... If u say about the chat online stuff... What a joke! It didn't work for me. 

0 Kudos