cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Mi-Lin
New Contributor

Lodging a relocation request

I have called the 1300 555 241 phone number (followed prompts through to moving house/relocation services) every morning and afternoon for 3 days this week.  Every time I am advised the service is down for the next 4 hours and to call back.  Every time I call back I am advised the same thing, that the service will be down for 4 hours and to call back.  

After 3 days, you would think there would be some sort of service for existing customer to lodge ticket so that when the service is back up I am contacted by Optus to have it arranged.

I believe it is unacceptable that I have to keep calling back to no avail.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Lodging a relocation request

Hi Mi-Lin,

I just called 1300 555 241 and pressed option 1 and then 2 for moving house/relocation and got through to someone right away. Can you please try again?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Mi-Lin
New Contributor

Hi Ray,

I have been able to get through to someone - it was just that they kept advising that system was down for several days in a row.  

Finally today, day 4 I called again and the system is now up.

What I would say is that a better service proposition would be to offer a call-back when service is up again as oppose to the customer having to keep calling regularly over multiple days.  

My assessment is this does not appear to be an unusual phenomenon with the system - so do something that takes the pain out of initial lodgement for the customer. 

Missed service opportunity.  Especially given that a relocation in a customer lifecycle with Optus is a high chance point of losing customer.  Quick win here could see improved retention.

Cheers Mi-Lin 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

I agree with you and am surprised that wasn't offered. I will pass your valuable feedback on.

Cheers!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy