Searching...

Locked out of my email account on mac

PC21

since Friday morning i cannot get into my mail account on my mac. I get message Cant connect to the account "mail.optusnet.com.au" Enter the password for use"xxxx"  - i put my password in & i get error message "Unable to verify account name or password".

I can access email via webmail - tried going there- can log in ok. Reset password- computer still wont accept new password. Just tried deleting old messages via webmail -still no change.

I didnt set this account up and the person who did is not available so am now at wits end cant figure what to do next.

Re: Locked out of my email account on mac

Yeldarb

The fact that you can login to webmail would suggest the username and password are correct. Have you double checked your mail settings are correct and are you actually connected to Optus when doing this?

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/using-an-email-application-with-optusnet-email?requestT...

PC21

I have tried to check email settings - appear to be going in circles so i am either doing the wrong thing or its not that. 

I cant find out how to get to Live Chat

How can i talk to a person to get this resolved? 

Yeldarb

The live chat can be found on the link below.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Tiina

I am having same problem. been on live chat and done everything!

EJF

Same thing happened to me last week; my MacBook Pro stopped communicating with my optus mail; Mail (version 12.4) said my password wasn't working; however, my iPhone and my iPad were working fine with the same password; I could also connect to my optus mail online using Optus Webmail (yes, with the same password). Eventually I worked out that for some reason, the Password for Mail on my MacBook Pro was somehow changed to the password I use for my Optus account. If you have an Optus account and you use a different password than that you use for mail, try that password in your Mac to access Optus mail. Let us know if this works; maybe others are having the same problem. No idea why this happened - does not make sense other than an Optus thing?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos