Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Fd
New Contributor
New Contributor

Live chat isn't working, no wifi no support from optus

I've had no wifi for the past week but can't speak yo anyone at Optus nor can I reach them via Live Chat.  How do I get the problem resolved? 

5 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Live chat isn't working, no wifi no support from optus

What sort of Internet connection is it and have you tried restarting the equipment? The live chat by all reports is having a meltdown so it may take some time to connect with them.

0 Kudos
Fd
New Contributor
New Contributor

It's adsl but I received an update from nbn co last week confirming that we can transition to nbn.  I'm guessing that's why it has dropped out but without an option to contact optus I can't be sure and can't do anything about it myself.  The modem has been checked, phone line is still working so it's not equipment failure.  Next stop complaint to TIO.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hmm @Fd,

It’s really hard to say. Your ADSL service may be impacted in terms of speed and stability but it shouldn't have been cut off altogether. This should only occur on the scheduled cut over date. You're welcome to send us a PM with your account details. We need your full name, DOB and account number. We'll try and work out what's happened here. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Fd
New Contributor
New Contributor

No message option visible, I've already attempted contact with Optus a number of times through various formats with no response.  They promote live chat as 'support when you need it' however others on Yes Crowd and on other forums are stating they can't get through. A service provider must provide access for customers to raise issues and provide feedback.  Connection dropped out entirely a month ago and it took a technician hours to identify and resolve the problem so your comment about connection slowing rather than dropping out doesn't apply here.  If there's another way to contact optus and get an outcome please advise. 

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@Fd you need to click on the mods name to get to the message function. Alternatively, here's a URL you can click to reach out to me http://yesopt.us/pmtoomey

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors