cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor MartinR
New Contributor

Linking Optus NBN Modem to Foxtel iQ box using Power Line adapters (e.g. Foxtel on Demand etc)

Hi, I recently switched to Optus NBN at home, after massive issues with Telstra and their migration from ADSL to NBN.

All went very well with Optus, except my Foxtel iQ box wouldn't link to Router/Modem for our 'on Demand' service.

Optus and Foxtel Tech support weren't much help.

My IT chap from work sorted remotely using Team Viewer.

Foxtel had told me that 3 ports needed to be open/forwarded:

-UDP Port 33222

-TCP Port 33111

-CDN TCP Port 80 (apaprently this is always open anyway, so don't bother)

Once logged in to the Modem from my laptop (Type 192.168.0.1 in address bar on Internet explorer), these can be 'Added'.

However probably more importanly, do the following steps:

1. If using the Power Line Adapters to link the Modem to your iQ box in another room, plug your ethernet cable from the Power Line adapter into one of the yellow Ethernet sockets (ETN 1-4) and NOT the Red WAN socket of yuor Modem.

2. On the iQ box remote control, press 'Active'. Go to 'Newtork Settings' and then 'Set up'.  You need to seelct 'Manual' for IP Configuration. Then add the following:

-IP Address:  192.168.0.6

-Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway:  192.168.0.1

Primary DNS:  198.142.152.164

Primary DNS:  211.29.132.12

Save New settings.

Reboot the iQ box and the Optus Modem to check things link up.

Hope this helps.

Martin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
New Contributor Tnipp
New Contributor

Foxtel Go NBN issues

Just changed over to NBN, and have lost access to Foxtel Go (downloading OnDemand movies etc). Foxtel setup shows internet to be connected with IP address etc, but connection test proves unsuccessful. I have ran a network cable directly from Foxtel IQHD to NBN router, and wifi via extender, both returning same resuĺts. Unable to use NETCOMM power links as NBN and Foxtel on separate electrical circuits. Not sure what else to try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Tnipp
New Contributor

Re: Linking Optus NBN Modem to Foxtel iQ box using Power Line adapters (e.g. Foxtel on Demand etc)

Hi,

I believe I may have the same issue.  Do you know which Tab, in the router settings, your IT guy 'added' the three ports to?  

Thanks in advance for your help.

TNipp

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Linking Optus NBN Modem to Foxtel iQ box using Power Line adapters (e.g. Foxtel on Demand etc)

@Tnipp, we do have a guide up on our Support page → http://devicehelp.optus.com.au/sagemcom/gateway-f-st-3864-mac-os-sierra/settings/set-up-port-forward....

I'm just not sure how current the instructions are. We have released version 3 of our Sagemcom modem since the article was published.

Let us know if it's of any use to you. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos