Searching...

Letter of disconnection

Ralphy21

Recived a letter the other day saying that out broadband and phone will be disconnected as we are still on the ADSL2+ network even tough you are meant to have 18 months from the switch on date to upgrade to the NBN and its only been 5 months since the NBN has been activated in our town. dont know if optus is breaking our contract or we just need to communicate to them about NBN but we dont want to recontract, instead after the 24 months changes providers. could someone tell me if optus allows people to connect to the NBN without recontracting with them.

Highlighted

Re: Letter of disconnection

SamSam

They have non contract plans so you'd just have to go onto one of those if you're not keen to lock in 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

petergdownload

Optus are entitled to cease service on its cable HFC. They're doing so with 90 days notice (although in practice than can be longer or shorter). 

If you elect to stay with Optus they will port you over to what is roughly the same plan now. Your current contract term will remain as is. If you decline to shift Optus will give you three more months and then cut you off (you won't be liable for any penalty payments other than paying for those last three months)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

TommyB

Peter's advice is right on the money.

[ Edited ]
SamSam

All except that @Ralphy21 said he's on ADSL2+, not cable....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

petergdownload

Good catch @SamSam

Then, yes, my understanding is that the 18 months window (13 months to go) will continue to apply. The OP doesn't mention what the letter actually says about "will be disconnected". Do they mention a date? I wouldn't be surprised if Optus sends out vague scary  "You will be discontinued" letters (which is factually true) and leave out the fact its not for another 13 months.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Aman_B

Hi @Ralphy21, apologies for the inconvenience caused. We have in error send some letters of  disconnection. Please  contact us here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us and we can check your account to confirm the details. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Menssia

I too got that letter in August. Rang optus and they said it was a 'Typo'.

Funny thing is that even with that knowledge, they again sent out another letter with the same false implying message. 

ACMA (Australian Communications and Media Authority) is aware of this misleading correspondence and will deal with their deception I am sure.

Such a low blow for Optus to use fear of disconnection to keep clients. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
80 Kudos
68 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos