Searching...
Highlighted

Leaving Optus after almost 20 years

Gandalf

I have been a loyal Optus customer for almost 20 years, and have had (and continue to have) multiple products with Optus - Home phone/landline, Internet, Mobile phones, Pay TV.

Yet despite all this, I have been treated appallingly by Optus during the last few weeks. Here is a summary of what I have gone through recently with Optus....

SUN 27/1/19 - My HOME PHONE (LANDLINE) stops working.

MON 28/1/19 - I contact Optus (via online chat on Optus website), and "Maria" books technicians for TUE 29/1/19.

TUE 29/1/19 - Technicians DO NOT come.

WED 30/1/19 - I open a case on the Optus website.  Christian Okeefe is assigned, and leaves a message "We're on it".  This was 10 DAYS ago, and there has been no reply since.

WED 30/1/19 - I contact Optus again (via online chat on Optus website). "Ada" books technicians for SAT 2/2/19 12:00-16:00.

SAT 2/2/19 (12:00-16:00) - Technicians DO NOT come (2nd TIME).

SAT 2/2/19 (16:00) - I contact Optus again (3rd TIME via online chat on Optus website). "Clifford" assures me that technicians will come today (2/2/19) between 16:00-18:00.

SAT 2/2/19 (16:00-18:00) - Technicians DO NOT come (3rd TIME).

SAT 2/2/19 (18:00) - I inform "Clifford", who now books technicians for TUE 5/2/19.

TUE 5/2/19 - Technicians DO NOT come (4th TIME).

WED 6/2/19 - I e-mail Optus at the e-mail address they provide on their website.  Up till now, no reply.

THU 7/2/19 11:10pm -  I ring Optus. I am told that a technician will contact me within 20 minutes.  Of course, this does not happen.

THU 7/2/19 11:40pm - I ring Optus again. "Laukik" tells me that technicians will come on TUE 12/2/19.

TUE 12/2/19 - Guess what? Technicians DO NOT come (5th TIME).

So, I am now at the stage where it is clear that Optus does not value me as their customer, despite almost 20 years of loyalty and the thousands of dollars (over $20,000) I have paid to them over the years.  So, can anybody recommend a good provider for Home Phone, Internet, PAY TV, and Mobile Phones?

Re: Leaving Optus after almost 20 years

Yeldarb

Hmm I must say you have much more patience than me as I would have demanded a full explanation the first time they didn't show up. I guess Telstra might be another option however they also suffer from a lack of accountability and in my opinion are not much  better than Optus when it comes to support.

I think if I was in your position I would be writing an official complaint and possibly taking the matter to the TIO. I certainly would be wanting some sort of discount for the constant no shows. The liink below has information on making an official complaint and also has information on taking the matter further at the bottom of the page.

https://offer.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints

Gandalf

Thank you, Yeldarb.  I think I will do that.  I will give them until the end of the week, and if still nothing is done, then Telecommunications Ombudsman it is.

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

If anyone in your household suffers from a serious medical condition I believe they have to expedite the connection. I guess five no shows and dealing with support would be enough in itself to bring on a medical condition. Smiley Happy  Good luck.

ae00711

does the copper infrastructue in your area actually belong to Optus?
cause if it belongs to hellstra, no surprise there!
I was on adsl up until the 8/2/19.. a week prior to that, my adsl dropped out.. I rang ISP, they booked a hellstra tech to come out.
The hellstra tech reported back that he/she didn't have access to premises/modem, despite having never ever even parked their car outside our house, let alone anyone come to the door to have a look.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
85 Kudos
80 Kudos
64 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos