Searching...
Highlighted

League of legends message

[ Edited ]
SighOptus

Hi, i have been having trouble with optus since i joined about a year ago, constantly bad speed and drop outs (although these have become less frequent since Feb-ish). Notice on the legue of legends dashboard that it actually has a message now saying optus customers will experience issues and that we shouldn't play ranked. While i find calling optus one of the most frustrating things i have ever done (never get a resolution and am often told the problem will be fixed yet it never is), i  was hoping someone on hear may be able to help me. Also i find interesting that game companies like riot (makers of lol) are even able to define the problem as being soley with optus suggest this issue is far from localised. 

Re: League of legends message

SighOptus

league optus msg.PNG

OnlyProblems

I am also having problems connecting to this game. Please fix optust it's been 48 hours since the problem has arised.

Toomey

Hi guys, I'm reaching out to our network team to see if they can provide more information around this. In the mean time, would you be able to confirm what network you are using? (ADSL, HFC, NBN).

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AndyBe

I have this issue and am on HFC

TDavies

I am also having the same problem and im on NBN

Toomey

Could someone affected possible run a traceroute to the LOL server IP and send through the results?

1. Open the Start menu
  2. Click on Run
  3. Type cmd and then press the OK button to open a command prompt
  4. At the prompt, type tracert yourdomain.com or IP address and press the Enter key
  5. To copy the output, right-click anywhere in the window and select Mark. You can press Enter to copy all of the output, or select the text you want to copy and then right-click with your mouse. Paste the copied text by hitting CTRL + V.

I'll need to pass this on to our network team.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Mindstar

Hi Toomey

Mindstar from Riot Games here Smiley Happy (our thread on the League of Legends boards is here)

Let me know if there's anything Riot or our networking team can do to help out.  We've contacted the generic Optus routing / noc emails with a description of what we've seen on this issue yesterday.  If your network team can get a hold of ours, that would be super helpful.  You are welcome to DM me for direct contact/email details.

For those looking to perform a trace route, the correct IP address to trace for this issue is 103.240.227.1.  The final hops do not respond to ping/tracert so it is normal for it to time out.

Cheers

Mindstar

Toomey

Hey guys, our network team have reset some network settings. Can someone please test the game and let me know if issues persist? 

TDavies

Yay I am able to join a game

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
44 Kudos
39 Kudos
37 Kudos
29 Kudos