Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
spuddo1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Landline voicemail

I contacted Optus to have voicemail activated. I have followed the opaque non-instructions on the phone and as far as I see I have created a message and pin. (It would be VERY nice be able to find an explanation of what each of the Press Options mean). However, when someone calls it rings out. Voicemail does not kick in. What can I do? There are no troublshooting guides anywhere, and I can't find any similar issue in the Yes Crowd forum.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tris

Re: Landline voicemail

Hi @spuddo1, could you confirm which menu you're having trouble with? What happens when you dial 321 now? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
spuddo1
New Contributor
New Contributor

I get that the number is incorrect. I am talking about a LANDLINE. I access it through *96. However the menu options I get are 3 6 and 8. None of them give me any options that allow me to do anything to get my voicemail working. It just says I have no messages. Of course I have no messages because the system won't answer!!

0 Kudos
Tris

Apologies, I thought you were referring to a mobile service. So there could be a few things going on here, either the voicemail is not fully setup / the tutorial has not been completed or there are other diversions active on the line. Please try dialling #78 from your handset to remove any other diversions, if that fails, we'll need to try re-provisioning voicemail on our end. Our Tech Support team can help with this here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos