Searching...

Landline not working since connecting to NBN

OBroin

Hi,

Since connecting to NBN about two weeks ago, my landline has not been working. I thought the old phone may not be compatible so I changed it. That didnt work. I chatted online to Optus on Friday 14/9, they eventually told me it needed to be escalated to the "backend team"" and I would be contacted within 24 hours. Nothing back from Optus so went online chat again on Monday 17/9. After answering all gthe same questions again I was told that it needed to be escalated to the next level. I thought they had already done this, but apparently not. So it would now be between 24 to 48 hours before they contacted me. On Wednesday 19/9 after no contact from Optus I went online again, with the same result as before, they needed to escalate and would be back to me within 24 hours. Today Friday 21st, still no contact so I went online again. Again they told me the very same thing, it will be escalated to the next level and will be between 24 and 72 hours before someone contacts me. 

Is this typical of what happens or is my case unusual?

John (Sean)

Re: Landline not working since connecting to NBN

SillyGogo

What type of NBN do you have? Are you connecting your phone to the back of the modem or into the exisiting telephone socket on the wall? 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

OBroin

I've got "fibre to the kerb"I think that is what it is called. The phone is connected to the modem and the NBN box is connected to the wall socket.

Regards,

SillyGogo

thank you for confirming the details. From what you are describing the connection paths are correct. It could be an activation issue on the back end. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Shauna

Hey @OBroin - sounds like you've been escalated to our case management team. Were you given any reference numbers we could look into? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

OBroin

Issue is now resolved. No phone call, no email, just a text to say the landline is now working. Hopelessly poor communication from Optus.

SillyGogo

They tried many times but your phone was not working. 

Just kidding, good to hear that it is now resolved. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
48 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos