cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor riverbulls
New Contributor

Landline caller ID only showing calls as private numbers

We've recently connected with Optus as the NBN had now become available in our area. We connected fixed wireless NBN, and a new home phone, with the caller ID option. Has been working fine up until recently, the last few weeks every single call has been showing as a private number. Weve had almost daily calls where people are asking us to call back, but not leaving their phone number which made me wonder if our caller ID was playing up. Yesterday i tried calling with my mobile number which is set to show my number when calling and it came up as a private number. Have tried logging in on my optus account to see if i can fix the issue but cant find anything. Any suggestions as to why caller ID had been working fine and then stopped would be welcome.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

Re: Landline caller ID only showing calls as private numbers

Hey @riverbulls. More than happy to check this out if you'd like to send me your home number, full name and DOB by private message. Guy

0 Kudos
New Contributor djmcc
New Contributor

I find I have the same problem. Can I send you my details too.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Marcel
RetiredModerator

Hi riverbulls, seems very odd that this is happening on your service. I'll look up your account and see what I can find. However, for me to be able to access your account, can you please drop us a PM with your account number, full name, address and DOB? Thanks

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Marcel
RetiredModerator

Hi djmcc, I've just replied to your PM 🙂 Please reply there to avoid multiple conversations. Cheers! 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor chefaus1
Occasional Contributor

Am connected to NBN, but recently Landline caller ID is showing all calls as private numbers. another of the many problems since switching to the NBN.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey there @chefaus1, we can fix this up for you 🙂 

If you can PM me with your full name, account number and DOB we'll go from there! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Tyler90
New Contributor

I find I have the same problem. Can I send you my details too.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Tyler90, in scenarios such as the following, the incoming caller may still appear as private;

• Overseas (unless the country uses the same caller ID technology)
  • A pay phone
  • A blocked or silent number
  • Some 'unserviced' areas in Australia

If all number are coming through as private and the above scenarios don't apply - we can definitely take a look. Feel free to send us a PM us with your full name, DOB and landline number. We'll get back to as soon as we can. If you're in need of immediate live support, you can always reach us on live chat → http://yesopt.us/chat2us.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor glenncookie2003
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem now has anyone had theirs fixed

0 Kudos