Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
LN1521
New Contributor
New Contributor

Landline Error

Hi, 

My Landline is connected. The Dial Tone sounds when plugged in initially however it tones out and then you hear nothing. Just silence. 

I have checked all the connections 5+ times, Turned off & unplugged and eliminated as per the trouble shooting and still having issues with a Handset plugged from the Modem (Phone Port 1) into the Phone..

As above. I get a dial tone however it doesn't reset when I ''hang up'' the handset. It just sounds the dial tone until it times out and has the long beeps and then into silence.

I am also unable to make phone calls or receive phone calls. 

Please help. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Casey_YC

Re: Landline Error

Hi there, @LN1521

Thanks for getting in touch about your landline troubles. 

Have you had a look at our Network Status Page  to see if there are any interruptions in your area, that may be the cause of this?

Can I ask what sort of landline you have? For example, are you on NBN with a VoIP line or on ADSL with a standard landline?

Have you another landline phone to plug in and see if it works?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors