Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor natoptus
Occasional Contributor

Keeping the Current Plan when relocating from NBN to ADSL2+

Hi 

This question might have already been asked in the past, but I can't seem to find the answer after searching the forum. I recently moved from an NBN serviceable address to an ADSL2+ address. I have been told by one Optus staff member that I could keep my existing $80 Fixed plan (no longer in market) when moving to the new address.

However, today when I talked to another person to place the relocation order, I was told that I have to upgrade to the new $90 Fixed plan. 

Which one is correct? I do not wish to upgrade my plan if I dont have to. Can someone please confirm? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Keeping the Current Plan when relocating from NBN to ADSL2+

G'day @natoptus

It's completely up to you. If you chose to remain on your existing rate plan, we can do that for you.

Was there a particular inclusion that you're concerned you might lose or need to pay an additional amount for i.e. Fetch? 

Are you no longer in contract or are do you still have time left on the $80.00 Fixed Plan? By chance, was that our $90.00 Plan with a $10.00 discount reducing your monthly fee to $80.00? 

Let us know, happy to help in any way I can. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan_C

Thank you for your prompt reply. That's good to hear. 

The last person I spoke to have given the wrong information by telling me that I cannot keep my current plan because I am moving from NBN to ADSL2+. 

From memory, I still have some time left on my $80 Fixed plan contract. The new $90 plan has $10 discount if I am bundling my Postpaid plan ( $40 plan or higher), however I'd like to keep my $80 plan just in case I have to lower my Postpaid plan in the future. 

Thank you again for your answer 🙂

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No problem 🙂

If we're talking in terms of processing, we'd need to select the equivalent ADSL plan.

NBN rate plans do differ as there's a code built in that allows you access to the speed pack that's build into that plan.

You'll just want to ensure that they record the exact contract length and make sure that we don't contract you a further period of time. Once you've booked in your relocation, you can message us back here.

We can then go in and make sure everything is in order. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Sounds good Dan_C. I will contact you again once I am booked in for the relocation.

You are very helpful. Thank you! 🙂

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Great stuff 🙂

I'll catch you then!

All the best. 

Oh, and here's my direct message link → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Optus team, 

I organised the relocation to my new address awhile ago. A technician appointment was scheduled for 18/02/2019 AM but the technician was a no show. I called up Optus to find out where he was and only to be told that the appointment was cancelled due to bad weather even though the weather on that day was fine. 

I then asked for the appointment to be rescheduled to 18/03/2019 since I can only organise someone to be at home on that day. The person I was speaking to said another team will contact me once the appointment is booked. A few days later I had voicemail and SMS saying that a technician appointment has been booked for 01/03/2019. 

I called up Optus today to reschedule the appointment to the date I requested only to be told that because the appointment has been rescheduled twice in the past, the order needs to be cancelled and I need to speak to the sales team to book a new order. I am puzzled by this process.

Do I have to go through the ordering process again even though it wasn't my fault that the technician didn't turn up on the last appointment? I have waited a long time for this and I just don't want to go back to square one, it's frustrating enough as it is.

Could you please let me know if there is a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray_C 

I dont use Facebook nor Twitter. I thought I can get help from Optus by posting on Optus Yes Crowd forum???

0 Kudos