Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor TSL
New Contributor

Keeping Optus Email Address Active

I have Optus phone & broadband at home with an Optus email address.  I am moving overseas in a week and want to keep my email address valid for the next year while I gradually move away from it.  To do this, Optus advised me that I need to set up a Mobile Broadband service, which I have done.  Apparently, Optus technical services then need to transfer my email address to my new Mobile Broadband service.  Optus are now saying that this cannot be done until I have disconnected my home broadband.  I need to keep my home broadband service until I go but would really like the email address to be switched over before leaving the country (don't want lengthy holds calling Optus from overseas).  Is there any way this can be done?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Keeping Optus Email Address Active

I think they add your old primary email address as a secondary email address on your new service. I don’t think they can do that when it’s still associated with an active service.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Re: Keeping Optus Email Address Active

Hi @TSL, to keep your email active, yes you'll need a mobile broadband service and the email can also be transferred only when your home bundle is disconnected. This is because your Optusnet email is basically your internet User name and this can't be transferred as such without disconnecting the servuce. To do this the easy way you just have to cancel the home bundle, contact us online →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us or here on social and we can get it done in  no time. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos