cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Issue at ADSL+ exchange point

Having issues with my home ADSL connection. Currently connected to a White Optus wifi modem, however internet is slow or unresponsive and continues to drop out and have intermittent issues.

(15/5/2020) issue was raised and technician #1 dispatched. Technician #1 checked ports inside. Then checked pits along the street and told us that it is an issue at the optus port at the Exchange point.

We contacted Optus, response was “it should be working, if not we will send another technician”. It is not working so technician #2 was dispatched.

(20/5/2020) technician #2 arrived. Checked the Telstra pit, said issue was with the Optus port at the exchange point.

Contacted Optus explaining issue hasn’t been resolved still. Optus response “issue should have been resolved.... we will dispatch another technician” (we can see this is becoming a pointless exercise)

(24/5/2020) a colleague of mine suggested to check this website > https://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewprovider.php

Postcode we live in is 3058 coburg.

As we noted, the Optus ADSL port is showing limited or no ports. Funny, that’s what technician #1 said, and it was never fixed

(28/5/2020) technician #3 arrived. Checked the pit outside our house. “Issue at the exchange point”

Check website above > “limited or no ports”

Called Optus “issue should have been fixed, we will send another technician”

This is becoming a pointless exercise and we are going around in circles. The issue is obviously with the Optus port at the exchange point as picked up by 3 technicians. However still has not been fixed. How do o get someone to actually address the issue and fix the ports at the exchange point?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Issue at ADSL+ exchange point

Hi - frustrating when things go in unresolved loops. Have you considered cutting your loses and looking at migrating to an NBN service. This site will show you which type of NBN service is available in your locality. 

https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I’ve looked at switching to NBN, but NBN isn’t available I’m my area yet.

As soon as it is though I’m switching as far away from Optus as I can
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Understood. Some people use Mobile Broadband Hotspots or Modems as a fallback or temporary semi-permanent fix for their situation awaiting the arrival of NBN, but it depends on how far away you are from local cell towers and how strong the signals are .  There are many options available subject to your needs and budget.

This URL will show you the carriers that are near to you, which frequencies they are using to broadcast, so if you pursue this option, when you look at equipment you will know if the device is compatible to your carrier of choice - the stated frequencies supported in the various equipment will be shown in their respective datasheets.

https://www.rfnsa.com.au/?first=1

0 Kudos