cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor paj100
New Contributor

Is this message from Optus?

Recently had a screen popup with url from hollagift.com .  Claimed that optus selects some people to receive a gift after answering 9 survey questions.  It then goes on to offer a choice of ios phone, tablet and Samsung S9+ mobile phone.  The ios products out of stock.  It then asks for a payment by credit card of $1 to send the gift S9+ phone.

Anyone had any experience with this - is it a scam?  I am not about to enter my CC details without confirmation from Optus but there seems no way to talk to anyone about this in the maze of menu options.

Let me know.  Thanks Phil J.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor YetAnotherAcc
Contributor

Re: hollagift.com

Its definitely a scam.
1) It was a pop-up screen. Never a good indicator.
2) No one is ever going to give you anything expensive free just to do a survey. It would have been more believable if it was just a chance to win. Big red flag.
3) Asking for payment/credit card detailed to receive a free gift. The biggest red flag there is.

New Contributor paj100
New Contributor

Thanks, confirms my suspicions, just wondering if Optus monitors this and is aware of it.  Anyway probably one of many scams being run in their name but should go on a list somewhere to advise unsuspecting consumers.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for raising this issue, paj100.

I'm sure we do but consumers can report a scam also.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor paj100
New Contributor

Thanks for letting me know, I have reported it on that link to ACCC.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors