cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Is there a secret to getting Optus NBN connected?

Okay, regarding the questions I asked though I guess that's a No?

As you haven't had much luck calling, next step from here would be to find out what's going on another way.

Suggestion would be iff you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Message Us here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

So a quick check of Benalla, Shows that in the town its on the next stage of NBN (in reality the whole thing should have been a same technology rollout but govt screwed that) and is using FTTC (fibre to the curb), So my understanding is that similar to FTTN the final length utilises the copper line into the house so no NBN box. On the outskirts of town theyre using Fixed wireless so that has some NBN infrastructure on the building
Occasional Contributor lance1965
Occasional Contributor

No reference number. Or we get is another phone call from a call centre from gods knows where giving us the same useless set-up information. They say they are going to send someone out but seeing as they have changed that from the 5th to the 12th to the 19th, I don't like our chances.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Still not connected after almost 2 months of waiting and phone calls. Instead of coming out here to see what the issue is they just keep sending us modems. We have 6 of the damn things now.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Before nbn co will pull their finger out of their proverbial optus must show that theyve eliminated their equipment as cause hence the modems
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

2 months now and still not any closer to being connected and guess what, another modem was delivered this morning. We have 7 of the things now.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

To try and get this resolved I really recommend contacting Optus in writing via one of the two options advised in my previous response and ask that your NBN Concierge or the Manager to get in contact with you as soon as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos